Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kelp Quilt Strip


I was a very good quilting bee-er this month and finished my strip for Rossie's kelp quilt completely on schedule. I was very intrigued by the design she had in mind, and even more impressed that she dyed the fabrics herself. I hope I am half as creative when its my turn to send out packages.
There is pressure involved when you have a certain amount of fabric to use, and a time frame to use it in. Which is precisely why this quilting bee is a good exercise for me.


I think my horizontal bars are a bit wider than Robin's (which I'm so glad you posted a photo of so early in the month). Rossie I hope that is okay!


I can't wait to see how the subtle red shades variations play out together in the completed top.

2 comments:

  1. it looks great! can't wait for it to arrive.
    variation is good, keeps things interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! I like the off-centeredness of this

    ReplyDelete