Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Catch-up.

Yesterday was block making day. Today was block shipping day. Tomorrow will be block-fabric packing day.
I am determined to fit the last five months of bee-ness into 3 days.
So, to all of you who are waiting on blocks from me, THEY ARE COMING, and I have photographic proof, and I apologize for being such a late jerk, and thank you for your patience.
PROOF:for Amanda
for Debbie
for Rebekah
and for Robin.
I'm going to include a little commercial here: Several of these blocks required quite a few pieced curves, which, a week ago, I had never done. If this is something you do often, and you have a Bernina, GO AND BUY THIS FOOT: It's called the leather roller foot, and it isn't cheap ($70 ish?), but it is so, so worth it. You can turn on a dime, it's a ton of fun for doing quilting, and when doing pieced curves, it is BRILLIANT. I don't think I pinned anything more than in the middle-- since it takes absolutely no effort to turn the fabric, you can concentrate completely on keeping the edges together and don't need to worry about the angle. I really can't imagine doing this stuff with a regular foot, this makes it so fast and easy.
Ok, commercial over, and I should mention that I have absolutely no affiliation with Bernina, just wanted to share.

I'll be back tomorrow with my inspiration and concept for my quilt blocks!

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous work! & that foot looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all your blocks look great! and don't worry, I have a few envelopes sitting on my desk : /
    that foot does look awesome! I don't have a bernina though. I did get a curve master foot that lets you sew without pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great bunch of blocks! I love mine. I'm behind too but am sloting some "bee" time in on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this foot & have never used it. I will have to get it out & give it a go. Thanks for the "commercial."

    ReplyDelete